The Adama AIDS Resource Center (AARC) in Adama/Oromia/Ethiopia is premier source of the most up-to-date and accurate information and multimedia resources on HIV/AIDS, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), and Tuberculosis (TB).
The AARC is a government organization which was launched in March 2005 through an innovative and visionary public and private partnership between the Oromia HIV/AIDS Prevention & Control Office, Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office, National AIDS Resource Center, CDC, CCP, and funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria; and President Bush's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief.
This resource center is connected to the national ARC network through broadband connection, which enables fast Internet access, immediate access to the ARC databases and websites.
•To see the people of the Oromia free from HIV/AIDS
•To promote health and well-being of the society through providing relevant and up-to-date information on HIV/AIDS, TB. STIs, and health related issues
- Community First
- Replicate the activities of the national ARC at the regional state level. This includes providing up-to-date and accurate information on HIV/AIDS, STDs, and Tb, developing and distributing culturally appropriate behavior change communication materials, and gathering and distributing resource materials from other sources.
- Provide researchers, policy makers, health providers, media professionals and the general public with access to high-tech Internet connection to conduct research on current health issues.
- Provide informational resources support to the projects and activities of the regional HAPCO and Health Bureau in HIV/AIDS, STDs, and TB.
- Provide broadcast media with local perspectives and information on regional HIV/AIDS issue
The Adamaa AIDS Resource Center serves as a hub for host of resources and services that are free of charge:
- A comprehensive multimedia reference collection on HIV/AIDS, VCT, PMTCT, ART, STDs, and Tb and other health-related materials. The library has periodicals, policy guidelines on HIV/AIDS, general and scientific books, brochures, videos, CD-ROMs, DVDs, audiocassettes, audio-visual screening services, and novelty items.
- High-speed computer terminals with Internet access, which access to the national ARC's materials database, websites, and email list-servers. The current website, www.aarc.gov.et, is user-friendly, interactive, database-driven, and knowledge-based.
- Audio-visual equipment for viewing media and utilizing for HIV/AIDS programs and activities.
- Access to four database modules for local and international HIV/AIDS-related events and conferences, news, materials, organizations and funding opportunities.
- Culturally appropriate HIV/AIDS behavior change communication materials development, adaptation and distribution.
Monday to Friday
8:30 A.M (Morning)- to- 5:30 P.M. (Noon)
Location : Adama AIDS Resource Center
Adama, Oromia , Ethiopia
Kebele 05, near Quba Mosque.
Inside Adama Youth Center -3
Fax : 251-22-111-70-07
Adil Ahmed, Manager, Adama AIDS Resource Center
Kasahun Wubishet, Lib & Infomation Service coordinator
Tollosaa Ragassa , It Programmer